Zillertal is a paradise for skiing. Tux offers all kinds of winter sports, including snowshoe or winter hiking, cross-country skiing or simply enjoying the heat of the sauna in the wellness area.
- 5 skiing areas – 66 state-of-the-art lifts & cable cars and just one ski pass
- 202 km of slopes – 615 hectares of skiing area
- Snow-covered runs down to the valley from the Eggalm to Lanersbach and the "Schwarze Pfanne" on the Hintertux glacier
- Aprés ski & mountain inn fun at 30 inns and restaurants, from rustic to modern
- The most stunning vantage points: the panoramic terrace at 3,250 m on the Hintertux glacier, Wanglspitz – at the top station for the 150
- Tux/Rastkogel – the breathtaking panoramic downhill run
- BetterPark Hintertux at the Olperer drag lift (April to mid-December),
- Family park (December to April) on the Sommerberg and Snowpark/Halfpipe: Vans Penken Park on the 4 SB Sunjet – Penken
Austria’s only all-year round skiing area at 3,250 metres has been awarded as the best glacier skiing area worldwide. 60 km of perfectly prepared slopes with guaranteed snow in all levels of difficulty, authentic food and drink and a fascinating outdoor adventure await passionate skiers, families, freeriders and snowboards on the Hintertux glacier.
You have almost unlimited options for rediscovering the Tux mountains on a ski tour. Experience the ultimate deep snow experience!
Sometimes just flattened or cleared, 68 km of winter hiking trails ensure winter variety: as a challenge hike up to the Eggalm, the Penken or Sommerbergalm or take the cable car to the individual top stations and hike more leisurely from there.
14 km of classic trails and 14 km of skating trail await passionate cross-country skiers and skaters.
Experience pure untouched nature and get totally new impressions far away from the slopes. Experienced mountain guides accompany you to the most stunning spots in the Tux-Finkenberg holiday region.
With the family, friends or romantically as a couple – 12 km of toboggan runs are always a bit of great variety that goes down well with both adults and children, besides skiing in Tux. It is possible to reach all the mountain inns by taxi.
Fun on ice – on the large natural ice rinks in Tux-Lanersbach and Finkenberg. 6 curling sheets provide fun action using a “stone & broom” to sweep and aim for the target.